.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Sunday 13 August 2017

Book As You Go!!


Very proud to be on the PaperArtsy blog with my book project. I wanted to make a book as you go creation and started with the covers. They measure approx 7 by 7". I brayered on some Fresco chalk Paint in Inky Pool and dragged over Distress Oxides in Faded Jeans, sqirted a little water at the lower section.




I built up the collage elements with various Mini stamps from the range and glued into position. I used a branch from an old cherry tree for further interest.



The back cover consists of some more brayering with Banana Fresco and made a collagraph printing plate with the beach hut. Some free form marks with a wood pen.



This page I used the stamps to create a background and used some of my photography for the focal point.



This shows the finished back cover.



As my book has no pages until you make them, I decided to try some plastic packaging, really pleased how it took the Fresco's.



This page happened by accident, I started it but fell out with it, so I used it to 'clean' off the brayer. A few days later I really liked the effect..



Finally a close up of the front cover.



I have had such fun creating this book, it will continue to grow. I love the way that all the pages are slightly different in size, just what I wanted to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment