.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Saturday 18 June 2016

Fabric

Exciting challenge over on the Paperartsy blog being Fabric. I was inspired by Ruth Mescall and her post, so I came up with this.


I wanted to make a collage, as I have never tried yet!!

I started off by stamping some strips of calico using Backgrounds Plate 2, the script stamp.


I made a dye bath with Infusions Blackcurrant and soaked the strips.


I cut 2 squares of calico and spritzed with water and sprinkled with Infusions Orange County for the moth.


The background was created using calico, and I dry brushed on some Fresco's in Caribbean Sea. I created some marks with a painting knife using Bougainvillia.


When all of the elements were dry, following the advice of Ruth, I glued the base to some stiff card, and glued the strips to create some trees. I cut out some rounded triangle shapes for the moth, and made the body with some gauze that was dyed with A Bit Jaded,

I wrapped around the gauze with some Guterman Rayon thread to make secure and glued on the wings and the antenna.

A big thanks to Ruth for the advice on the post, really helpful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment