.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Friday 25 March 2016

Playing with Modroc

Great topic over at Paperartsy, Liquid Sculpting Medium.

Having seen the post by Julie Ann Lee, I was inspired to come up with this..


I started with the reverse side of a small canvas and glued on the shaving brush and painting with gesso. After this was dry I cut up strips of Modroc, soaked in water, screwed them up and attached them onto the canvas.


After allowing to dry, I painted the canvas using Fresco chalk paint in Slate. I was going to paint the 'shaving foam' in white, but I wanted to have a little fun, so I painted using Beach Hut Fresco paint. I also added some colour to the shaving brush. The little duck just sat in the corner, he likes it there!!!



I would like to say a big thank you to Julie Ann, after reading her post I was inspired to create this. I now know how to use Modroc!!

No comments:

Post a Comment