.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Sunday 10 August 2014

Autumn/Steampunk

Found this great blog
The theme for their latest challenge is Autumn colours or Steampunk or a combination of both.
So, I decided to do a combination of both.

I started with a small square of calico and put this under the tap to make it damp.
Using an old Big and Juicy ink pad I smeared this onto my glass mat and rubbed over the damp calico and left to dry.

After some thinking, I decided to stamp my steam train with white embossing powder, was'nt sure if this would work and was surprised how well it came out!!

I have a sheet of laser cut cogs, so coloured these with some alcohol markers.

The light bulbs and steampunk man come from images on Serif Craft Artist.

This was backed onto some cardboard and sits proudly on my bookcase.

Great fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment