.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Saturday 28 June 2014

Wood..

This is my creation for the folks over at  Artful Times the challenge is of wood or on wood.


I started with some wooden packaging that came with some wooden embellishments. I painted this with blue and purple acrylic paint and when dry added some cream acrylic paint.

I like Dragonflies, and during some research, I found one called Purple Darter, I have some stamps of dragonflies but wanted to make my own design.

I had a strip of balsa wood and cut this up into small squares to simulate the body and painted them.

I attached to the base. Using a piece of blue velum, and some parchment tools, I created the wings. I have never tried parchment craft, really pleased I did as it was great fun.

The letters come from the Tim Holtz alphabet die, the metal embellishment comes from Bo Bunny.

Lastly I added 2 eyes using Cosmic Shimmer coloured pva.

No comments:

Post a Comment