.. If they don't like what you bring to the table, let them eat alone...

Monday, 25 September 2017

Last days of Summer

Over on the Kartishok Challenge blog the theme is the last days of summer.

Follow the link..

Here is my take..

Here is the inspiration guide..

I started by taking a photo of one of the Pear trees on our land, I added some Parchment behind the picture and scribed the word Pear!!

I have saved this scrap card from some die cutting, and measured a piece of card to sit behind it and coloured using some summer/autumn colours..

A few pieces of fabric also with some colours..

All assembled in a collage format, Great fun!!!

Sunday, 24 September 2017

PaperArtsy Metallics Challenge.

This fortnight PaperArtsy have a wonderful challenge being Metallics. Darcy has given us lots of inspiration as well as the bloggers!!. Follow this link.

I have made this little niche assemblage. The background is made up of PaperArtsy Fresco chalk paints in Bouganvilla, Claret and Cheesecake. I added a final layer of Claret playing on the transparent qualities so Cheesecake shows through.

The stamp is from Ink and The Dog range, One Penny Plate 1. I cut out the image after stamping with Archival Ink in Orange Blossom.

For the metallic part, I painted some card with Pebeo Dyna paint in Green Yellow and die cut a shape. There was some residue paint in the cap, adds some more interest. Lots of pics to try and show the metallicness!!

Great fun, enjoyed working with wood again, hope you have the time to take part!!!

Saturday, 23 September 2017

New Stencil range by Debs Wainwright Part 4.

I have had a lot of fun making different things with the range of stencils.

I had some calico, just enough to surround the embroidery hoop. Some Distress Ink through the stencil and secured into place. Some green thread completed it.

The range...

They can be found here.

I have used a range of mediums through the stencils, all performed very well. They can be used for several types of art, a great addition to your stash!!!

Wednesday, 20 September 2017

Artist Book

I put this little artist book together in order to try out some new ideas and or techniques, just 3 pages folded in half and stitched together.

Really enjoying playing with black and white photo's, this one I printed onto some kraft card. I used a section in another project so had this left.

The page on the left I had painted with some black with a wash of cream acrylic paint, just wanted to see if was any good with the photo. The pinks on the picture are part of a test to try different coloring mediums. I like the fact that the picture is cut across 2 pages, not so keen on seeing the stitching..

Monday, 18 September 2017

AALL and Create The Grand Final.

It is the final week of the AALL and Create challenges, and I have come up with this..

I started with a free hand circle and cut it out, painted with black and red acrylic paints.

After this was dry, I added some texture paste and some crackle paint.

I continued to add white paint, dry brushed different strengths of white.

I cut open an opening before backing onto another piece of card. I cut my circle into 4 sections and rejoined using wire, sewing, lace and some builders gauze. I added the word PEACE in Telugu, a language native to India.

Great fun, looking forward to 2018 challenges!!!

Here is the link.

Sunday, 17 September 2017

Paper Collage.

I have been investigating and playing with Paper collage. There is something magical about black and whit photographs along with cream or Kraft cardstock.

I removed the faces of the subjects, and after some play, I found that a white pastel pencil was effective against the printed picture.

All of the other elements are from previous projects. I love this style of collage, brings me a lot of joy!!

I made a little stamp of a B from a piece of foamy packaging, takes Versafine Ink really well.

Saturday, 16 September 2017

New Stencils by Debs Wainwright- Part 3.

Here is another make from the new range of stencils by Debs Wainwright. They can be found here.

I really enjoyed making this one, really simple but very effective. I sprinkled on the 'reverse' of the stencil some Paperartsy infusions pigment powders in Blackcurrant. Spritzed on some water and placed onto some watercolour card. I love this effect, just shows how versatile stencils are!!

This is the range..